My wife's cellphone stopped making any sounds through its speaker a few days ago. Before we euthanize it, I thought I'd ask whether any of you know a magical fix for this.
- No sound at all through speaker.
- External wired headphones DO work.
- Earpiece speaker DOES work for voice phone calls.
- LG Aristo 2 Plus model LM-X212TA
- Android 8.1.0
- 4 years old
I did try all the obvious things:
- Checked all volume settings
- Checked accessibility settings
- Updated all apps
- Restarted phone
- Restarted in Safe Mode
Google provided a dozen articles that all seemed to be copies of each other. The user manual is not helpful. The only thing I didn't try is a hard reset back to original factory settings.
I'm 90% sure this is a hardware problem, but if anyone knows one last thing I should try, I'd be grateful. Thanks.